Wednesday 21 February 2018

My back pages

A lot of early posts were written on this old thing,
with a mug of tea on hand

According to Blogger, these are my ten most "popular" posts:

  1. Blog mirror? - that fatuous survey
  2. That Was The Year That Was: 2017 - end of year rundowns are always popular
  3. Oh, I'm sorry - did I break your concentration? - I staged a screening of Pulp Fiction
  4. Cryptic-schmyptic - I made a big ol' crossword
  5. To Whit, to whoo...? - inexplicably popular account of a weekend away
  6. Europe. It's like a different country or something...II - inexplicably popular Belgian Crack
  7. That Was The Year That Was: 2015 - as I said, end of year rundowns...
  8. That Was The Year That Was: 2016 - ...always popular
  9. Don't be a notefold cock - gets a little bump whenever Dave repeats Modern Life Is Goodish
  10. That Was The Year That Was: 2014 - ...really, really popular

I should add that these stats are skewed somewhat, since they only take into account traffic after I moved New Amusements wholesale to Blogger, back in January 2014. That skewing, that incompleteness and inaccuracy, is the only excuse I need to dust off these other posts, all of which remain relatively popular(ish). In no particular order:

But sod popularity. These are the posts I'm happiest to publicly proclaim affection for. And yes, that does mean there are other posts I'm equally (or more) proud of, but don't want to invite revisits to. Anyway, here goes, again in no real order:

I've enjoyed writing this blog, and hope you've enjoyed reading some of it too. I've also really enjoyed looking back over all these posts, and hope the links above prompt you to read something you missed first time around. And at the risk of being mysterious, you'll see why I'm doing this recap tomorrow...

7 comments:

  1. Ooh, you man of mystery!
    Sorry I've been a bit quiet round here lately - struggling to keep up with blogging at the moment, hopefully only a temporary blip. I want to look back at these posts though... will do, when time and head space allow...!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Not really. This is a man of mystery...

      And no apology necessary. The blogosphere may sometimes be a parallel world for many of us, but the real world always comes first. Here's to that head space :)

      Delete
  2. Hope you're not bailing out on us Martin

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. If I answer that, how can I hope to maintain the air of mystery?

      Delete
  3. From memory, I'd say the ones you were chose were far better than the "popular" ones. But isn't that always the case?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Cheers, Rol. And yes, I think that is often the case too.

      Delete