Thursday 28 September 2017

Sometimes these words just don't have to be said

A nine-year old blog post from this very blog has made its way, lightly edited, into a new and frankly astounding, heavyweight coffee table book about The Wedding Present, entitled Sometimes These Words Just Don't Have To Be Said.

My entry is a bit journalistic if I'm honest, being a gig review for a blog rather than something I wrote with publication in mind. Even so, I'm quite chuffed about this. There I am, look, on pp333-334.

You can scoop up Sometimes These Words Just Don't Have To Be Said from the band's Scopitones website. It's not a cheap book, but then it is a monumental slab of hardback. I'd buy it, even it I wasn't in it.

If you'd like to read the original, unedited blog post, which includes a couple of decent photographs not featured in the book, plus a paragraph on the support act, that's here. I was particularly pleased with the photo of Gedge mid-song - I took that on a Sony Ericsson K750i, for goodness sake! A non-smart phone with a 2MP camera!

6 comments:

  1. Fantastic! What kudos! What better thing can there be than to have your writing published in a book about a band you love.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, C, am properly chuffed! It's a great book for anyone with an interest in the growth and change in indie music from the very early 80s, and I genuinely would have bought it anyway. To be in it is in the icing on the cake.

      Delete
  2. Congratulations Martin! How great is that?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congrats. Of course, you didn't need to buy a copy - I'm sure you got one complimentary because you were a contributor...

    ReplyDelete