Monday 27 March 2017

Carnage

I'm not a vegan. I'm not even vegetarian. You'd think that if The Smiths couldn't persuade me, nothing will, and maybe you'd be right.

But I've been watching Simon Amstell's Carnage on the BBC iPlayer, and it's really got me thinking. I'm not going to lecture - how can I, given my current omnivorous status - and besides, one reason Amstell's film works so well is that the imagined future perspective makes a powerful point without preaching. Instead, here's a trailer, a review from the invariably-excellent Mark Kermode, and some links to the programme. Have a watch (skip the trailer and review if time is tight) and then, like I am, have a bit of a think. Maybe have a bit of a change, even if only by few degrees rather than 180; after all, an end has a start.

Simon Amstell: Carnage - programme website - watch on iPlayer

2 comments:

  1. Sorry Martin. It may be well-made and thought-provoking etc. but the two clips struck me an example of a minority smugly imposing views on a majority...won't be watching.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fair do's, and I can't deny there is a bit of that smugness you mentioned. It's quite funny at times, though often the humour misses its target, especially towards the end. It made me think...but I'm still omnivorous.

    ReplyDelete