Thursday 8 January 2015

Time travel

Ben Goldacre recently tweeted to the effect that everyone over 40 is the same age. And he's right. What's more, somewhere along the line, I drifted into that category - I got old. But before the passing of time, and all of its sickening crimes, starts making me sad again, let's indulge in a spot of time travel. Go back twenty years or so and this song was on the jukebox in The Jolly Sailor. Whenever I went there with The Man Of Cheese, which was often, we would put this on and, quite often, sing tipsily along with the daft lyrics.

I can't tell you much about The Presidents Of The United States Of America. I can tell you it's my first jam of 2015, a year in which I will attempt to be less parochial by jamming less Morrissey, Smiths, Pixies and Radiohead. I can also tell you I love this song, and that the last minute of the video is solid, well, if not gold then at least bronze. Enjoy.

2 comments:

  1. Fast forward twenty years and we're still trying to get in there to put on the same songs-albeit that the Sailor was shut on a quiet Sunday night in the 'Bury. Guess that makes us a little sad.....

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The only sad aspect is that the pub was shut by the time we rocked up!

      Delete