Friday 6 January 2006

Nice guys finish last

I know it's a cliché but it's true isn't it? Nice guys finish last. It doesn't matter how hard you try to do everything right, or how much you hope that this approach will pay dividends, it sometimes seems very hard to avoid the conclusion that the nicer you try to be, the more life f**ks you over. Why doesn't the nice guy get the girl? Outside of Hollywood, that is... Why doesn't the nice guy get the top job? Why doesn't the nice guy get to be happy?

Yes, I am moaning. Yes, I used the f-word in the last paragraph. Yes, I am angry at the world, and yes, I drove to work this morning with The Smiths cranked up to 11 to further my maudlin angst. And finally yes, none of the above matters because no f**ker reads this 'blog anyway. Here endeth the lesson.

No comments:

Post a Comment